I am a qualified Montessori educator and single mother of two beautiful girls. I am especially lucky that both my daughters have super powers — they are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (my eldest also has ADHD combination type and Anxiety Disorders). There is never a dull moment in my household and I suspect that both my strong willed girls will be changing and revolutionising the world in years to come!
I have taught in two highly respected Montessori schools running their Parent-Toddler Programs and I relief teach in Cycle One/Early Years classrooms also (ages 3-6 years). I have spent time in Infant Communities (15 months to 3 years) and also in a Montessori Nido Community (for babies 6 weeks to 15 months old).
I have formal qualifications for training and teaching both adults and children alike. Some of my qualifications are:
- Diploma of Early Childhood and Primary Education (Specialising in Montessori 0–3 Years)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Business
- Certificate III in Supervision and Management (Retail)
- Positive Parenting Program
- Functional Behavioural Assessment
- Blue Card
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Circle of Security